Friday, April 6, 2012

The Lord is My Shepherd

Have you ever read a scripture that you've read a hundred times or more and you read it again. And then it just HIT'S you in a way it has never hit you before?

Psalm 23. I have few words for this ncredible passage of scripture. The revelation of who Jesus is and how He feels about us and what He gives us...yeah. It's all in this little passsage-youv'e-heard-a-million-times-since-you-were-a-kid-in-sunday-school.

I don't think I'll ever be quite the same.
Passages like these have changed my life

"I shall not want...[ I shall not lack....I have everything  need]"

"He refreshes and restores my [life...my self....my soul]"

"I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me"

"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies"

This is Jesus.
The Good Shepherd.
My perfect leader.
In Him, I will lack nothing.
I have no need to fear ANYTHING.
Although my enemies may surround me, He has prepared a banquet for me.

He is so good.
He is better than any other leader.
He is wiser.
He is stronger.

And His concern is for ME.

Again. I have no words.

Read it again if youhavent in a while. I pray you see Jesus again as He is.
Our good good shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment