Wednesday, May 9, 2012

To the mommies....

Hello my lovely friends....

I really am trying to keep up with this thing!

Between the kiddos, house, rental house and etsy shop, I seem to be busy. Imagine that.

This week both of the girls have had the flu. Yuck.
Have I ever mentioned that HATE the flu.
Eww. It's just gross.
Enough said.

For those who don't know- we are collecting cloth diapers to send to haiti for babies with NO DIAPERS.  I can't imagine the messy messy mess. But Jesus is faithful to provide! If you want to give money toward this, heres the link. We'll also take diapers, covers, inserts, snappi's... etc! Basically whatever Jesus puts on your heart to give. Heres the event page link on facebook with all the info!

This weekend is mothers day. Thankfully growing up I had a mom (and dad) who loved Jesus and raised my brother and I to love Him with all of our lives. She gave up nice clothes and nice cars to stay home and raise us. If you stay at home with your children, you know what a sacrifice it is, but what a return you receive on your investment. And yet, at our best, on our greatest days as moms we fall so short of the glorious standard.

I think parenting was and is Gods way of teaching us
selflessness, patience and utter dependance on Him.
I'll never have enough on my own.
I'll never give enough out of myself.
I'll never be able to fulfill the standard of Proverbs 31.

But with Him all things are possible.
Through Him my weak and feeble attempts leave a mark on my childrens life.

I am learning day by day that the greatest ministry impact I could ever have is right here in my home.
If children truely are a reward from the Lord, what an honor to have been given the two that I  have here on earth, and the one thats with Jesus.

Maybe you are raising the next Leonard Ravenhill. Mike Bickle.
Tim Tebow. Misty Edwards. Karen Wheaton. David Brainerd. Billy Graham.
Maybe you're raising a son that will change a nation.
A daughter that will prophesy and bring healing to her school.
Maybe your raising a Joseph who will impact where He works with the favor of the Lord.
Maybe your raising a daughter who will adopt children who are abandoned.

They aren't inconveient. I'm just selfish.
They aren't expensive. He provides everything we need.
They aren't too little to understand. They see and hear everything around them and take it in.
They don't take my time away from Jesus. They teach me to walk with Him each moment.

I have much to learn from them and from Jesus about them.
Thankful to be a mom and to be surrounded by women  who embrace their role as one that is great.

It's not small. You're not insignifcant. You're not invisible.
What you are doing will stand through eternity.
Heaven is cheering you on as you wipe faces,change diapers,
spank bottoms and repeat Jesus loves me.

You are making an impact.
Believe it and give your life to teach your kids chase Jesus.
It's worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment